Box Lacrosse Academy
The Box Lacrosse Academy will focus on teaching the game of Box Lacrosse to players through various skills and drills under the instructional leadership of former professional lacrosse player Mark Miyashita and coaches of Fundamental Lacrosse. Each weekly is designed to include instructional skill development with controlled scrimmages and game situations blended in each week.
All players will be provided kidney and bicep Box Lacrosse pads to wear at each session (in addition to their regular lacrosse equipment)
Why Play Box Lacrosse?
- Improved stick skills
- Increased shot accuracy
- Improved passing vision & "touch"
- Improved stick fakes & "handle"
- Shooting around screens and in traffic
- Better Ground Balls
- Develop "softer" hands
- Learn New Concepts
- Learn how to create space & separation from the defense
- Learn how to run Pick & Rolls
- Play tight body defense
- Transition leads to improved conditioning
- New concepts and skills require improved footwork
- Take a break from the Field game, but keep your stick in your hands
For players interested in playing goalie, the equipment for goalies (pads) will be provided.
Wednesday Nights, November 2, 9, 16, 30 | December 7, 14 | January 4, 11, 18, 25
4pm-5pm Grades 3/4
5pm-6:15pm Grades 5/6
6:30pm-7:45pm Grades 7/8
7:45pm-9pm High School
Cost: Includes 10-60 or 75 minute sessions, Kidney & Bicep Pads provided at each session.
All players must have a US Box Lacrosse Association Membership (for insurance purposes)
$250 + USBoxla Membership Grades 3/4 (10-60 minute sessions)
$295 + USBoxla Membership Grades 5-High School (10-75 minute sessions)